Competent Person Fall Protection Certification Training
OVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVE
Competent Person Fall Protection certification training course is designed to introduce safety professionals, construction inspectors and similar personnel with current and updated knowledge of the fall protection principles, hazard identification, fall protection systems, program development/implementation and relevant standards and regulations.
Course covers the use, selection and installation of conventional and non-conventional fall protection equipment. This course also addresses relevant fall protection regulations and fall hazard identification. These components, combined with the hands-on set-up of fall protection systems, instill a working knowledge of all the essential elements of a fall protection program. The course curriculum includes both classroom sessions and practical hands-on exercises.
Written and practical tests are administered to ensure that students understand the principles presented. Documentation is available to satisfy due diligence and regulatory requirements.
In addition, comprehensive training will be provided on proper inspection methods of Personal Fall Arrest Equipment.
Each participant shall receive a wall mount certificate of completion, suitable for framing.
Upon completion, attendees will have advanced knowledge of the following:
- Fundamentals of Fall Protection
- Anchorage Requirements
- Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Function and Purpose of Energy Absorbers
- Fall Protection Hardware Compatibility
- Work Positioning Systems
- Inspecting Fall Protection Systems
- Installing Fall Protection Systems
- Calculating Required Clearances
- Determining Acceptable Anchorages
- Selecting Fall Protection System Components
- Fall Protection and Fall Arrest Theory
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection
- Conventional Fall Protection (Guarding Systems)
- Standards and Regulations Affecting the Fall Protection Industry
- Recognizing and Identifying Fall Hazards
- All Commercially Available Fall Arrest Systems
- Donning a Full Body Harness
- Self-Retracting Lifelines
- Vertical Lifelines
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Engineered Horizontal Lifelines
- Ladder Climbing Devices
- Rescue Theory
- Troubleshooting Fall Restraint Systems and Fall Arrest Systems
- Setting Up and Using Temporary Systems
- Fall Protection Plans and Fall Protection Procedures
- Detailed Inspection, Care and Maintenance
- Specialty Fall Arrest Systems
- Anchorages: Certified and Non-Certified
- Rescue and Applications in Fall Protection
- Fall Arrest and Restraint Component
- Fall Protection Regulations (OSHA) and Fall Protection Standards (ANSI)
150 N. Radnor Chester Road
Radnor, PA 19087
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8am – 4pm EST
If you need assistance, we are here to help. Fee free to use the contact form on this page, or give us a call:
Office/Fax: 1-833-KSTRONG (578-7664)
If interested in Competent Person Fall Protection Certification Training, please drop us a line, and we will get in touch with you.